Your body continuously receives all kinds of toxins through different pathways, such as air, water, food, etc. The accumulation of these toxins is a contributing factor to the development of all types of diseases. Your liver and kidneys purify your blood by breaking down and eliminating waste and toxins. The natural detoxification process of your body also involves the intestines, skin, spleen and lymphatic system. So, the best way to naturally rid your body of toxins is to help these organs function more efficiently, which is achieved with a balanced diet, rich in fruits and vegetables and enough water.
Here are some foods that help you detox naturally:
- Garlic helps in the production of white blood cells, which protect the body against infections.
- Acid fruits such as pineapples, oranges, and lemons are especially detoxifying.
- Ginger stimulates the natural detoxification of the body by eliminating wastes and toxins that may be present in the colon, liver and other organs.
- Beetroot is a natural purifying food that supports liver detoxification and provides a lot of nutrients.
- Vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower are great detox foods, high in antioxidants and extremely nutritious.
- Apples contain pectin and malic acid, which are nutrients that help eliminate toxins from the body.
- Brown rice has high fiber content, therefore it plays an important role in cleansing the colon.
- Cranberries help the kidneys stay free of infections.
- Nuts and seeds are excellent sources of fiber that aid in proper excretion and elimination of toxins.
In addition, it is necessary to limit the alcohol intake and eliminate food and products that interfere with your detoxification or make you more toxic.